2 xboxes and 2 live accounts

Jonesey

Established Member
Reaction score
Hopefully some of you might be able to help me out.

I have a 360 upstairs and one downstairs. Both going through my router and both have different gamertag accounts. 1 for me and 1 for the misses.

When we play Uno, we can both create our own lobbies and enjoy online gaming with other live members, we can also play each other in a private lobby but for some reason we cannot both join someone else's online game. 1 of us can join in but the other keeps getting failure to connect messages.

Is it not possible to have both gamers in the same game going through 1 router and 1 phone line?

Advice very much appreciated.

This very much depends on the make & model of router.

Run an xbox live test on both xboxes. If both Xboxes report a NAT of Open. It should work. Anything other than that (moderate or strict) is a problem.

Hi ShadowmanUK,

Sorry for not replying earlier, PC had to have a reinstall.

I have checked both boxes and they both have open NAT. So that might mean my router isnt up for the job. Its a Linksys WAG54G ADSL Gateway.

Any advice?

Thank you.

Open it good. Thats fine. Are you always trying to join the same persons game (a friend?) If so they need to run the same test. All partys need a NAT of Open

Well, we both cannot join a session that has been created by one of our friends, and if 1 xbox is in someones game, i cannot get the other to join that session either. we can both play together in a private room but as soon as someone tries to join us, they get booted out!

Its like we cannot be in a live session together.

Regards

hysys

they both have different ip addresses, its quite a valid question really, my brother told me to check also!

cheers

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom