2 x Sky+ recording problems

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by JSharkey, Jul 31, 2005.

1. JSharkey

JSharkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone help me with trying to watch previously recorded programs on Sky+. I have just bought a new 160 box and the engineer moved my 40 box up to my bedroom and despite the old recordings being still on the old box i am unable to watch them. The Engineer used my old card to activate the new box. Is this the reason I cannot watch my old recordings. The old sky+ box(40gb) has a card from my now redundant ordinary box that was in the bedroom

2. Bluevanman

Bluevanman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Providing the cards are correctly paired to the boxes they shouldn't stop playback.Check the signal strengths using the Services menu. Can you access all the channels that you have?Can you record anything on the old box?

3. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    I think you mis-read the post. The OP said they have one card. If the old Sky+ box has been de-activated, then the record/playback functions won't work. To make it work would need a multi-room subscription with 2 cards.

4. JSharkey

JSharkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers for the reply, My old 40gb sky+ did replace an ordinary sky box which was my multiroom box. the engineer simply ran in another cable for the sky+ and used the old card in the ordinary sky box to set it up but it will still not play old recordings. I am at work at the moment and will be for a further week and a half so i am getting info via the wife. Some of the old recordings are asking for a password some are saying recording interrupted despite being recorded days before the new installation. I take it the password should just be the last four digits of the card that is there or is it from the old card now in my sky+160. I can watch all the channels and have the full service ,just cannot watch old recorded programmes now card has been changed and box moved.