2 x sky + boxes - multiroom

MarkTy

Standard Member
Reaction score
I want to have two sky+ boxes in my house.

Once I've got the boxes (bought privately) do I just need one normal full price sub, and one £10 multiroom sub to make them both work fully ?
(Both attached to phone lines of course)

Thanks

Yes, the £10 second-room card will mirror whatever is on the first Sky card.

I have two Sky + boxes and pay one full subscription and £10 for multiroom. Both boxes have the full functionality.

Ooh, this sounds good.

I currently have 1x Sky+ & 1 mormal Sky on multiroom so am I right in thinking that all I need to do is get another Sky+ box from somewhere and someone to run another line to the dish???

I'm also interested in this.

The thing is, when the installer hooked up multiroom to the normal box, he routed the cable around the outside, and into the side wall of my room. Do I need another cable run as well? If so i think I'll go the official route and get sky to do the install....

Vileda and sephy1024, yes you will need a second feed from the dish to the second Sky+ box. You will also have to contact Sky to get them to enable the plus features on the second card.

I already have multiroom, and i was under the impression that the 2nd card "copied" whatever is on the primary card.

/points to above posts

Do I need a specific cable?

Just wondering, If I order a mirror sub for a box in another room, got the thing up and running, could I then take the box and install it in another house I own thereby getting a second subscription for £10? I already have a new dish and lnb available, as well as a pace box (extra after I got sky+ installed)

Fraid not. It has to be attached to the same phone line

I already have multiroom, and i was under the impression that the 2nd card "copied" whatever is on the primary card.

/points to above posts

Do I need a specific cable?

The second card copies the subscription package of the main card. Any cable that is the equivalent of CT100,ie double screened and all copper,is OK.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom