2 x SCART inputs to 1 x RF output

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by Albifos, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Albifos

Albifos
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Guys

New to all this so Iapologise in advance for being an idiot......

First of all let me apologise if I have not posted this in the right area.

OK, my problem is this. I have a Virgin Tivo boxand a Kiss 1600 (yeah, I know) box both going into my TV via HDMI cables.

The thing is, I want towatch programmes from both of these in another room in the house

My plan is to use theSCART outputs from both these boxes but I don’t know if there is a way I can combinethese into only one RF cable running to another room in the house?

Would anyone know if thereis a (Cheap) SCART to RF modulator box on the market that can take two SCART inputs and is switchable to one RF output?

Really would appreciatesome help or maybe different ideas.

Many thanks

Albi

2. MaturityDodger

MaturityDodger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +604
    Can't see any cheap ones that are exactly what you want.
    But it can be easily done if you don't mind having two boxes.

1) Any RF modulator with a scart input. I can see plenty around the £20 mark.
    2) 2-way (or more) scart switch. Again with Google shopping, plenty around £5.

3. Albifos

Albifos
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No, I have no problems with using two boxes (thanks also for the approximate costs). I just wanted someone who knows what they are doing to tell me that what I was hoping to achieve is possible. Thanks for your help, very much appreciated.

4. MaturityDodger

MaturityDodger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +604
    Right. Well yes it is possible. But maybe not the best way of doing things.

It certainly isn't a common thing to modulate a signal once you've already got it as a regular signal. Does the 2nd TV have any other inputs? And can you run a cable for one of those inputs instead of running an RF cable?

Also when you're in the 2nd room, have you thought about how you're going to control the devices?

5. Albifos

Albifos
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks again for the input.

To answer your questions the RF cables are already in place and because of the design of the house (they run out though a front wall up the side of the house over the roof and down the back where they re-enter the house), as you can imagine, I don't really want to start running new cables.

With regard to remote control, No I have not really thought about that. We used to have sky and used the tvlink system which worked fine but with Virgin I don't think these will work so, I guess, that is a problem for another day.

Thanks again for your help, really is much appreciated.