1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Notice: AVForums will be offline at 10pm for no longer than 30 minutes for scheduled maintenance. Apologies for any inconvenience this causes.
    Dismiss Notice

2 x Paradigm PS-1000 or 1 x Servo 15 ?

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by siwatkins, Jan 3, 2002.

1. siwatkins

siwatkins

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi,

My second post, but I've been reading with interest many of the pages in these forums. Nice place you have here :)

Anyway, my dilemna. I noticed that there are a few people here advocating 2x subs. I'd always, perhaps erroneously, understood that to be a bad thing, because of the difficulties involved in getting them to work with each other, as opposed to against each other in typical rooms. But that aside, if the wisdom is that it can, and does work, I have a buying question!

I currently have 1 x Paradigm PS-1000. I am able to exchange this at Richer Sounds for a Servo 15 under their satisfaction warranty. I'm not dissatisfied with the PS-1000 at all - far from it. But I wanted the Servo 15 initially, they didn't have stock, I couldn't wait, yada yada. But since having it, I've been very impressed with it. Anyway, I spoke to Richer today, and they've got a Servo 15 in their warehouse, which they are getting for me.

Now I'm having a couple of niggly doubts - would I be better off with 2 x PS-1000 @ £400 total outlay, or with 1 x Servo 15 @ £500. I've read some marvellous reviews on both models, and certainly the PS-1000 does the business. But the Servo 15 really seems to have the reputation from hell of being a fantastic model.

Decisions decisions - two PS-1000s or 1 Servo 15. Opinions? I've got a couple of weeks to decide on this, as I'm skiing before Richer will have the Servo 15 ready for my collection.

Thanks for any thoughts.

Simon

2. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    I got two Servo15 into the house, the wife wasn't too impressed however. If you can accomodate the Servo15. it has one of the BEST performances available. The real sting in the tail is the silly price here in the UK. The subs it competes with in the UK are loads more (M and K typically £2100). Fine wine for plonk price.

I am a fan of dual subs BUT here I would say a single Servo15. You will then know what bass is:D

3. siwatkins

siwatkins

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi Nic,

Thanks for the advice. I think I will go for the Servo 15 - after all its lower I want to go, not louder, and I don't suppose two PS-1000 will go any lower than what I have now. I do like all the quotes about the Servo 15 - budgies falling off perches, glass breaking, structural damage, induced nausea etc :D

4. Lowrider

Lowrider

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    You can always buy the second servo15 later... :devil:

5. garylloyd

garylloyd

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    Hi.
    Let us know how you like it when it arrives!!
    There is one on my shopping list for later on in the year.
    Gary