1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 x DVD's for £10 at Channel.com

Discussion in 'Shopping, Deals, Discounts & Bargains' started by cliveg, Apr 14, 2005.

1. cliveg

cliveg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi,

Just had an e-mail about this...the DVD's are fairly up-to-date, even Blade:Trinity is there which I don't think has been released on R2 yet!! :eek:

Here's the link through netfreestuff.co.uk....you have to register, but it's free.

http://www.netfreestuff.co.uk/index.php

The offer finishes tomorrow, and I just wondered if anyone has heard of channel.com...it looks genuine, but you can never tell these days!!

Thanks,

CliveG

2. cliveg

cliveg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    Hi again...I've just read their t & c's....sample below. I don't think I'll bother!!

4.1 As a Channel customer, you have to buy at least 6 Products at the Channel Price.
    You must buy at least one of those six Products every three months after you join. If you fail to fulfil this agreement by not selecting a Product in any one period of three months, you will then automatically agree to receive a Channel selection which we think matches your preferences in music or film taste. Your account will then be charged for the Channel selection which is sent to you.

NB: The Opening Offer, free items, sale or promotional price or loyalty price Products don't count towards the Channel Agreement.

Cheers,

CliveG

3. samjpullen

samjpullen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    Channel.com is owned by Universal :)

its totaly legit but it works like Britannia does, you have to buy 6 dvds/cd in 2 years :)

once you buy 6 dvds/cds yo get Free postage and after 12 dvds/cds you get £1 off everything.

EDIT: i have never been sent anything from them that i have not ordered, neither has my Mother :)

she has only bought 1 thing in 10 months as well :), they have some good deals on now and again e.g School or Rock was £5 a few months back.

P.S just goto Channel.com next time, no need to sign upto that site for anyone, there is also the offer of 4 new dvds for £20 to open your account.

4. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    themusicstore.co.uk offer a similar offer, you end up paying £3.50 per dvd for 5 introductory dvd's. i signed up a long time ago and among others, i got 24 season 1 for £3.50 :D but they're a bit fussier now, if they don't like the dvd's you choose they'll just join you but not send you the dvd's, which i think is a bit off - i tried rejoining a few weeks ago and had my 5 introductory dvd's as 3x friends complete series 1-10 and 2x sex and the city complete series 1-6 ;) but they didn't send me them funnily enough, so i cancelled my membership. i suppose it works out as a good bargain, but once you join you're stuck with their really uncompetitive prices of about £17.99 for a 1 disc and £19.99 for a 2 disc, plus about £2.50 p&p. I guess it's the same with anything like this though.

5. samjpullen

samjpullen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +142
    Channel say that all 1 disc movies will never be over £15 :) and after 12 dvds that goes to £14.

it was worth it for me at the start as i joined when they first launched and got 6 dvds for £1 :p