• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

2 x 15 D.I.Y subs

That's what they should look like
image.jpg
What drivers to go for and amp. Appreciate any input
Thanks
image.jpg

Last edited:
I know I bought them painted but i think i will paint them the same color as my speakers, and that will be black magic pearl.
image.jpg

Last edited:

pws

Prominent Member
I have SI15 drivers in my two powered by an Inuke 6000

Works for me :)

MemX

Prominent Member
What's the budget you're working to?

Assuming you're looking for a separate amp, will it be in-room, in-cabinet or in another room?

mojogoes

Remembered (1961-2016)
If you wanted to go all out then look at 2 fi sp415's dual 1ohm but then you will need 2x cv5000's to power them at 5000wrms should give them plenty of headroom!! Giving you more output than a usc18.

If you wanted to go all out then look at 2 fi sp415's dual 1ohm but then you will need 2x cv5000's to power them at 5000wrms should give them plenty of headroom!! Giving you more output than a usc18.
I was thinking 1 cv5000 with fi Q drivers and antimode cinema. Or Behringer-NU6000DSP-Inuke-Amplifier with si ht drivers and antimode cinema.

What's the budget you're working to?

Assuming you're looking for a separate amp, will it be in-room, in-cabinet or in another room?
It will be in the same room but I can hide it, budget will be around £1400

scottthehat

Distinguished Member
I was thinking 1 cv5000 with fi Q drivers and antimode cinema. Or Behringer-NU6000DSP-Inuke-Amplifier with si ht drivers and antimode cinema.
if you went fi q then an nu6000 would be enough, but bear in mind they have a little more output then the si but not as clean sounding.

scottthehat

Distinguished Member
si ht 15 or the new ae, or old ae, or the tc sound lms-15.

amps cv2800/5000 or inuke 6000/dsp

scottthehat

Distinguished Member

mattkhan

Distinguished Member
I'm just reading about REW it Will Take Me some time to get my head around it. What do I need to use REW.
Thanks
Minimally a known SPL meter (ie has a calibration file, typically means the rs meter) and a soundcard with a line in.

Next step up would be to a USB mic, i.e. the minidsp umik-1.

Next step up would be a phantom powered mic and pre amp (eg Dayton audio emm-6).

Personally I prefer the first or last option for multi sub setup but plenty of people manage fine with the USB option.

To use the room sim takes no effort. You just plug the numbers in and move the positions around to match your room.

Minimally a known SPL meter (ie has a calibration file, typically means the rs meter) and a soundcard with a line in.

Next step up would be to a USB mic, i.e. the minidsp umik-1.

Next step up would be a phantom powered mic and pre amp (eg Dayton audio emm-6).

Personally I prefer the first or last option for multi sub setup but plenty of people manage fine with the USB option.

To use the room sim takes no effort. You just plug the numbers in and move the positions around to match your room.
I've got an SPL meter, what sound card do you recommend

Jameskatie

Distinguished Member
Just the RadioShack spl meter, I also have an anthem usb mic but for what you need the spl meter will be fine

scottthehat

Distinguished Member
Just the RadioShack spl meter, I also have an anthem usb mic but for what you need the spl meter will be fine
So as I radio shack meter I just need a sound card. And some sort of lead.

The latest video from AVForums

SVS Prime Wireless Pro Powered Speakers - Review Coming Soon
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom