• Apologies for the inconvenience, but AVForums will be offline from 6am Thursday 21st January 2021 for a few hours while we perform a major update to our core software. See what changes are coming.

2 wireless routers?

andicapped

Banned
i need some help and a dummies guide to connecting 2 wireless netgear routers. can someone please spare some time to help me out here. it's driving me nuts

the routers talk to each other and i can use all the ports on each router but i've totally lost my wireless :mad:

both router are netgear WGR614 v9

beerhunter

Novice Member
You need to say why you need to connect them? In other words, what are you trying to achieve?

The next bit may be akin to grandmothers and eggs but: Routers are devices for routing between networks. For example domestic routers are commonly used for routing between an ISP's network (WAN) to a subscriber's Local Are Network (LAN). Using more than one router in a domestic environment just causes unnecessary extra complexity.

andicapped

Banned
hi, thanks for replying,

what i want to do is have wireless both upstairs and downstairs. i also need 7 or 8 ports to connect wired equipment too.
i have 2 wrg614 v9 routers and i want to connect them (with a wire) and have them both sending out wireless. one to cover upstairs and one for down stairs.

andicapped

Banned
i'm getting there slowly. i now have both routers working, i can use all the ports, yippee! :thumbsup:

wireless now works from the router upstairs but doesn't appear to be working from the downstairs one :(

any suggestions?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom