2 wired hotspots connected to sky hub

darrenxh

Standard Member
Reaction score
Hello all

I have the following set up:
- bt broadband
- 2 x wired hotpots using wag320n routers as hotspots (sharing a different ssid that the main sky hub)
- both hotspots running via a Ethernet switch
- sky tv and 3x skyQ mini boxes

But ... am struggling, the connection to the hotspot ssid is constantly dropping and hanging ... am at my wits end trying to work out why!!

Any ideas (feel free to ask questions!!)

Darren

Last edited:
Yes - have configured as per the post - and it works ... but just intermittently hangs. I changed the secondary routers (hotspots) SSID to be different than the primary but same issue is arising. Wondered if it could be a clash with the sky network used by the skyQ minis or some other issue etc

I suggest some additional analysis at time of failure.

Ideally using a PC connected by ethernet to one of your routers, take a baseline so you know what it's like when it's working by pinging all your routers and checking they all respond. For good measure you could also try pinging a (Wi-Fi) client connected to each router to verify the client are happy to answer ping when working normally (these days not everything answers ping by design.)

Then when next failure occurs, repeat the tests and see what answers and what doesn't.

Is your SkyQ equipment connected to the same network and if so, is it by ethernet, Wi-Fi or both..?

Does any of the the SkyQ equipment host a DHCP Server (note "Server" not "Client") - if so it could be that you are getting IP address conflicts? At time of failure, have a look at a (failing) client's IP address and see if it is correct - ie it came from you HH and not elsewhere. If you have DHCP Servers in your SkyQ equipment, disable their DHCP Servers - the only DHCP Server you should have active is the one in your ISP connected router (HH if I've been following the conversations correctly.)

We might have a look at Wi-Fi radio channel assignment, but let's check that IP is correctly configured first and drill into what's working and what isn't in failure mode.

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom