2 week Volunteer 'Holidays'. Advice needed

Forzafan

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I was meant to be going on a 2 week trip in July/Aug to see my bro in China for the first time but he has predictably bailed on me. I have had a tough 6 months (partly documented on another thread) and really wanted to get away this year but have no other mates to go away with and am not the sort of guy confident enough to go away and actually enjoy a holiday by myself. I then wondered if there were holidays that allowed me to be useful? (i am naively picturing me playing with some African kids in a remote village and providing some sort of support).
i'm not the most practical of fellas so i wont be building anything but i have a good heart and would love to see somewhere new and genuinely help others (plus i feel it will be good for my mental state too).
I want to do it abroad as I do need a 'break' from the UK.
My first question therefore is do these trips exist? It will only be for max 2 weeks as I am in full time employment. If they do exist has anyone ever done anything like this before? Are there any special qualifications/requirements necessary? If i cant do it I would rather know now before i get my hopes up.

thanks for your help!

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom