1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 Sony NW-HD3's on 1 PC

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by FifeFlyer, Jul 6, 2005.

1. FifeFlyer

FifeFlyer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Sony HD3 and now my son is considering buying one as well. Will they get along together on one pc? What if I have albums he doesn't want (and vice versa). Will sonicstage try to transfer all tracks in library to each HD3? Is it possible to have different profiles or identities?

Using Windows XP Home and latest Sonicstage (v3.1.00.03290) and we each have our own user account on XP.

Any suggestions appreciated :confused:

2. andy80085

andy80085

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Two HD3's work fine on one PC.

Sonicstage asks which songs you want to transfer and you just deselect the ones you don't want.

3. JB5

JB5

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +16
    Haven't tried two HD3's on one PC, but I can help you with auto transfer question.

You can turn off the option to automatically transfer albums on HD3 connection to PC.
    It is then possible to manually click on the Auto button on the transfer screen.
    This will then bring up a list of albums that have not been transferred which can then be individually selected. (You can also re-select an album to transfer again onto the HD3, I guess).

I'm afraid I don't know whether different XP profiles would also help in this matter.

4. ohms

ohms
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    yeah, the differnet profile thing will work. if youre son logs on under another name as you, you wont have problems, it doesnt store the same library..and use the same one for both mp3 players.