2 Sky+ on multiroom???

Discussion in 'Sky Digital TV Forum' started by prycop, Oct 23, 2005.

1. prycop

prycop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I currently have Sky+ installed (so have 4 LNB connectors on the dish)

I'm thinking of getting multiroom and, because it's for a house extension, will get 2 Sky coax lines running from the two 'empty' LNB connections to the new box.

Can I get Sky+ on multiroom as well - ie. 2 Sky+ boxes on 1 dish?

If so, how much does it cost (I subscribe to sky sports) and will sky supply a second SKY+ box or will I have to pay for a new one?

Thanks

2. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +599
    if you have 4 connections on the LNB then you can run two Sky+ boxes, i know cuz thats the setup we have at my place...lol

it will cost you a tenner a month more for the multiroom subscription, but u get the same access to channels as your original package.

sadly you may find they will wanna screw you for money on the other box.....it depends on who you get through to at Sky.....

if your lucky, because you are expanding to multi-room they will offer it under £100, if so you might as well take it......if extra lucky it will be £50, but it wont be free...lol

they might offer a refurb for the £50 tho, so make sure you understand which they are offering you......

if however they wont budge and want the stupid price for it (a couple hundred i think) you might find it worth buying one second hand from somewhere....but normally its worth saying you might consider cancelling completely unless they can offer you decent price....because you are a premium package subscriber they wont wanna lose you......(the sports channels are worth a fortune to them in advertising, so they are less likely to wanna lose you compared to someone who just has 2 pic'n'mixes)

3. prycop

prycop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply - Very informative.

I have run the 2 lines from the Dish so all the installer has to do is plug it in!

Do I have to have an installation or can I tell them that everything is ready?

The extension wil be ready in a couple of weeks - I'll keep everyone informed of how much they will charge for a 2nd Sky+ box on multiroom.

4. Nick_UK

Nick_UK
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +270
    Don't forget that Sky requires both boxes to be connected to the same phone line with multi-room, and this is rigidly enforced.

5. strachg

strachg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi All,

I just got sky+ multiroom installed last week with 2 sky+ boxes, they charged me £65 for the second box which is brand new not refurbished, both are pace boxes. Hope that helps.

Graham

6. prycop

prycop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies again!

Yes I do have a telephone extension - same line - waiting to connect.

how much would the 160Gb Sky plus be on a multiroom contract- any ideas?

7. benson

benson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    Hi I ordered last night apparently there are 2 deals available the first is 2 NEW PVR3 boxes installed as multiroom for £98 the second is for 1 PVR3 for £49 (didnt enquire as to fitting as I took the first offer, my existing box V1 is just about ready to give up)
    Hope this helps

8. prycop

prycop

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Benson - when is your installation date? ie. how long is it between ordering and receiving it?
    Thanks

9. blakey1

blakey1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +40
    I ordered last monday and they could of come out on the wednesday. My wife is off this week though so they are coming tomorrow. I get the impression that your wait can be anything between a couple of days and a week. It will depend as well whether they have any cancellation spaces. the 160gb is £199 with multi room. I get the impression though that Sky make up the prices as they go along as when I first phoned them they told me the £49 offer did not exist. When I mentioned the internet they changed their minds and confirmed not only did it exist but they would do 2 boxes for £98.

10. benson

benson
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5
    They could install by Wednesday the 3rd but as this isn't convenient I arranged a later date.