2 sky boxes with 1 magic eye

On a Harmony you can "learn" any commands that control any device.
It's often done for situations like this, and for devices that work in more than one zone.

I think you underestimate the complexity of the problem.

To programme every button on a Sky remote, twice, is not an easy operation.

Much, much easier to use two Sky remotes - you could even stick a sticky label on each marked Sky box 1 and Sky box 2. :laugh:

(Also, Sky remotes are far, far cheaper than a Harmony.)

To "learn" any IR command from any original remote to any Harmony is a very simple operation, one that people do all the time, in some cases for a single command, in others for a whole lot of them.
I don't know how you "programme" a Sky remote but don't doubt either that it IS a complex procedure, or that two remotes would be better, or that they're much cheaper than Harmonys.

Last edited:
Thanks all.

I currently use to different remotes with my SPC4 combiner, so i think i will continue with that. It seems a lot simpler.

Thanks for your help

Paul

Good decision. :smashin:

Hi

I've had a spc4 combiner for a long time - we have only one sky remote in each room and it only takes a few seconds to program it to switch between the sky boxes. press Tv then press and hold select and blue together until the red light on the remote blinks and select which box you want to control pressing by 0,1,2 or 3 ( this corresponds to which socket on the combiner the box is connected to) and then press the sky button.

We also have a harmony and it learnt the commands no bother

Andy

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom