• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

2 signals into 1 tv

luckylister

Standard Member
Hi there, being a bit of a novice to all this stuff i need some advice. I have a sky+HD box down stairs and a sky + box upstairs. What i would like to do is send a signal from both to a playroom tv, i do have a spare standard box and wondered if it is possible to connect a supply from each box to the standard box or m i going the wrong way about it ?. Any info would be helpfull.

logiciel

You're going the wrong way about it.;)
Connect a length of aerial-type cable from the RF2 Out socket of each Sky machine to a combiner in the other room and connect that to the Aerial In socket of the TV. Use the menu system of one Sky machine to change its RF Output from the default channel 68. On the extension TV's analogue tuner set a programme number to channel 68 and another to the channel you changed to. That will allow whatever is currently selected on either Sky machine to be watched on the extension TV. To use the third Sky machine you'd have to have a new LNB fitted to the dish and a new cable installed from it.

Last edited:

logiciel

I deliberately didn't mention that because I don't know how the combiner would affect it! You'd probably be best using wireless IR extenders instead.

luckylister

Standard Member
What type of IR extenders would you reccomend, i dont know much about these, are they simple to connect up. Also is there a combiner that you you reccomend as well. Thanks

logiciel

There's nothing to set up. You point the remote at one of the pair of units and that sends the commands by wireless to the other unit which turns them back to IR and sends them to the devices. Here's what Amazon are selling at the moment: IR Extender. Aerial combiners are Y or T shaped things with two sockets on one side and a plug on the other. They're around a pound each and local shops usually have them.
HTH - Logi

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom