1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 sets of interconnects and only 1 input

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by tullamore, May 27, 2003.

1. tullamore

tullamore

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Firstly..thanks Uncle E!

OK...bear with me on this. I have a Pioneer 656 DVD player and a Pure Videologic system. I run DVD/CD thru coaxial (just bought an Eichmann co-ax off Uncle E so looking forward to setting it up fresh) and cable (Telewest) thru analogue leads (IXOS Gamma Encore). Rather than continually having to plug and unplug from the 656 I also have a set of Gamma's for SACD & DVD-A. Of course if I want to switch I have to keep unplugging which doesn't help the system or my patience. So I know you can get splitters/adaptors (I have an ugly one from Maplins) but here are the questions:

1. Does the splitter degrade the cable quality.
    2. I want to run the CD analogue through a Cable Talk Monitor 3 interconnect. If I run it through the splitter obviously the splitter will be connected via another cable to the amp. Does this mean any benefit from the Cable Talk is rendered redundant
    and..

3. Does anyone know of a quality splitter box whic can do the job, not degrade (if it does) and looks nice???

TX Mike

2. sounddog

sounddog

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +451
    1) The switch box will degrade the quality of the signal ... but with a decent switch, the degredation will be so negligable that it's unlikely to be noticable.

2) I'd buy a length of matching cable to be the output of the switch box ... getting as short a length as possible.

3) Try QED's range ... from most good HiFi shops