2 RCA Phono + splitter = better sound from sub?

Discussion in 'Subwoofers' started by yammann, Aug 5, 2006.

1. yammann

yammann
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

This is my first post on these forums tho I have been checking them out for a while now.

Just bought the Mordaunt short genie speaker package last week to go with my Yamaha 757se. Thought I had maybe better upgrade my sub cable.

I went down to my local hi-fi store and told them i needed a 2 or 3 m good quality sub cable. They didn't have any but did sell me a good gold plated 3m 2 rca - 2 rca phono cable. I was told either to split it into 2 single leads or even better get a y-splitter and use both inputs on the back of the sub. This apparently gives the best sound. They didn't have any splitters so after a trip to Maplins I am now all connected. Everything seems fine ....but I just want to make sure that what I have done is ok as I have never heard of it being done before and it doesn't mention doing it in the instructions.

Alan

2. MJG1985

MJG1985

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +25
    Yeah i do that, so no worries. I got a good QED lead and splitter but made a massive different over cheap IXOS one.

3. yammann

yammann
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for swift reply. Puts my mind at ease. My nephew is watching return of the king on it as we speak and it sounds incredible.

Thanks again

alan