Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

2 Questions Screen & Mount

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by windfall, Dec 16, 2003.

1. windfall

windfall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Hi all

I currently have a PTAE100 which sits on a shelf in our coffee table and a manual 6ft screen. We are moving soon, and have the following needs, I was wondering if anyone could help by pointing us in the right direction;

- New mount
    we are looking for a mount that sits close to ceiling (10cm or so)when not in use that can be pulled down say a further 20 cm? I notice the Gyrolock start at 23cm - is this how low it hangs and then drops by 7cm to a drop of 30 onwards? Does anyone have on ef these that they can comment on? Basically the initial drop of 23 cm is too low and would look unsightly in a new house with skimmed ceilings.

- New screen
    We are looking for an electric screen of up to 7ft. What in your opinions would be the best screen? We were hoping to get one where the case is white as is the bar that hangs below.

Any points would be greatly appreciated.

2. TT9

TT9

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    - New Screen

Could I recommend an electric Ellie (www.ellie.co.uk). Just purchased one myself and its flawless. Its blackout backed so can be mounted in front of windows, has 1.2 gain so fine for your lcd.

For a 200cm wide advantage it'll set you back less than 500. I went for a 213 tab tensioned myself and am very pleased with it. There's one or two others on here with these now and are equally as pleased.

The case comes in white although the weighted bottom bar is black and to my knowledge I don't know if this has colout options.

Why not give them a ring for a chat ? Friendly bunch. Highly recommended.

Regards,
    Steve.

3. Kramer

Kramer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Worth considering screens from Nexnix also. Very good quality & well priced.

Like the Ellie models myself too :)

4. windfall

windfall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Hi guys

Thanks very much for your help this far I am looking at the links you have kindly given and will follow this up with a chat with the suppliers.

Cheers for now

Tony

5. windfall

windfall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +62
    Hi all

I spoke to Nexnix and have ordered a 200cm 16:9 electric screen. Nexnix have just started selling infra red remote controls for these at £130+vat and I think once xmas is out the way I will get one of these as well! Then a macro can be created that drops screen, dimms lights turns on the amp and pops the dvd player tray open...wow!

With regards to the mount they also sell Unicol mounts and have purchased a GK2 which sits 23cm and drops a whopping 70cm! By default thes mounts are black, but on calling unicol they can do white at an extra cost of 18% so basically it went to £190+vat.

Just wanted to say thanks and merry xmas for your help.

Tone