1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 Questions re: Sony HD-NW3

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by petals, Feb 19, 2005.

1. petals

petals

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    1. Is it possible to get the unit to play tracks from the playlist completely randomly? I can get it to play randomly from an album, but not from the unit playlist as a whole.

2. I received a mail from Sony that mentioned, briefly, they have produced an in-car kit for the HD3, only I can't find it anywhere. Anyone else stumbled across it and if so where? Because I want one!

2. Tipsy

Tipsy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. ilindsay

ilindsay

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes, it is possible to have the machine play random tracks from the entire playlist.

Make sure you've not go the MODE set to "Other", then set "Play Mode" to "Track Shuffle" and that's it.

4. FifeFlyer

FifeFlyer
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you have a cd player in your car and can't use the cassette adaptor then try the Belkin Tunecast II FM transmitter. search.ebay.co.uk/belkin-fm-transmitter_W0QQfromZR40QQsojsZ

I would rate the sound quality from the transmitter played through the radio about an 8 out of 10. (remember to set the Audio Out to Line Out on the HD3 when connected to the Belkin transmitter)

One other thing, although I use it without any problems remember that it's not legal to use it in the UK!?! :thumbsup:

5. bek

bek

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    when i use the line out option to connect to my car (or hifi for that matter) it is MAJORLY distorted. Anyone know why?

6. shelteringsky

shelteringsky

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    about playing tracks... is it possible to enqeue songs in the player while you are listening to a file. where can i see the list of enqeued songs?

7. magician

magician
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    You can get a car kit manufactured by connects2 from http://www.autoentertainment.net/cartProduct.asp?pid=CTAHI001 for £60.
    Phone autoentertainment to place your order, they were pathetically slow following up emails etc.

I've bought one from them and it works a treat with a sony car stereo (with a unilink bus), track names displayed on the stereo's screen. No power connector though. Also when you plug in the remote cable the lineout is disabled, but i think this may be the same for any remotes.

Mine was delivered in 3 days and fitting is simple. Looking at the ebay picture it is the same kit, labelled as hd1 as well.

I too received sony's mailer, but there was no extra info on the kit, but the same picture from connects2's website.

magic