2 questions about my ipod classic 80gb (TV out and Converting videos).

RM UK

Novice Member
1) when using a TV out cable to plug my ipod into a TV, is the quality any good? because surely when you convert a video to ipod format it make sit small and low quality, so won't it be poor on the TV?

2) what is the best way to convert videos to use on my ipod classic? i tried a few, and some seem to cut the edges off, but all are really slow. and i mean it takes hours to convert an episode of family guy! so is there some quick software that maintains quality? (windows xp).

Thanks very much, any help is appreciated :).

spl23

1) when using a TV out cable to plug my ipod into a TV, is the quality any good? because surely when you convert a video to ipod format it make sit small and low quality, so won't it be poor on the TV?
Depends what format you converted the videos to. 640x480 H264 at a reasonable bitrate will be pretty much as good as broadcast TV, but takes a lot of space. I rip to 320 x 240 H264, and the resulting files are a bit less sharp, but they are quite watchable on a TV as long as you aren't expecting DVD quality - they are slightly poorer quality than VHS video, I'd have said.

2) what is the best way to convert videos to use on my ipod classic? i tried a few, and some seem to cut the edges off, but all are really slow. and i mean it takes hours to convert an episode of family guy! so is there some quick software that maintains quality? (windows xp).
I use Videora Ipod Converter, which is free and pretty fast.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Sony XH95 TV, Klipsch The Fives Speakers & Bias Light Reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom