2 PS3's one PSN ID

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by boltlock, Nov 27, 2010.

1. boltlock

boltlock
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,248
    Ok need some help guys, I tried searching but couldn't find anything specific to me.

I've got an original 60gb phat (NismoUK) on one telly and a new slim (Rynozard) on another telly in the same room, same router etc. What I'm wanting to do is run both PS3's on the same PSN (as you can have up to 5 apparently) but with different names. I tried to play GT last night but as soon as my son started playing it, it kicked me off PSN and all my contacts appeared on his system. How can he have access to all the stuff I've paid for but still remain separate enough so he can have his own friends and send me a friend invite etc. I don't really want to register another credit card for another PSN ID.

Cheers.

2. emcor99

emcor99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +110
    You can only be logged in to one PSN id at a time, you can have your account on different PS3's just not use it a the same time.

Why dont you just make your son his own PSN id? you dont need to register a credit card to have another id, as long as you down load your dlc from your account you will not have to pay again and your son can use it.

I hope i made some sense, im in a bit of a rush.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2010
  3. boltlock

boltlock
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,248
    Cheers Em went with your suggestion and everything went ok. I've still left my ID on there too for the extra downloads. Nice one. :smashin:

4. emcor99

emcor99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +110
    Yeah best to leave your ID on there, if you delete it he will lose yor DLC :smashin: