2 PS3's one PSN ID

boltlock

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ok need some help guys, I tried searching but couldn't find anything specific to me.

I've got an original 60gb phat (NismoUK) on one telly and a new slim (Rynozard) on another telly in the same room, same router etc. What I'm wanting to do is run both PS3's on the same PSN (as you can have up to 5 apparently) but with different names. I tried to play GT last night but as soon as my son started playing it, it kicked me off PSN and all my contacts appeared on his system. How can he have access to all the stuff I've paid for but still remain separate enough so he can have his own friends and send me a friend invite etc. I don't really want to register another credit card for another PSN ID.

Cheers.

You can only be logged in to one PSN id at a time, you can have your account on different PS3's just not use it a the same time.

Why dont you just make your son his own PSN id? you dont need to register a credit card to have another id, as long as you down load your dlc from your account you will not have to pay again and your son can use it.

I hope i made some sense, im in a bit of a rush.

Last edited:
You can only be logged in to one PSN id at a time, you can have your account on different PS3's just not use it a the same time.

Why dont you just make your son his own PSN id? you dont need to register a credit card to have another id, as long as you down load your dlc from your account you will not have to pay again and your son can use it.

I hope i made some sense, im in a bit of a rush.

Cheers Em went with your suggestion and everything went ok. I've still left my ID on there too for the extra downloads. Nice one. :smashin:

Cheers Em went with your suggestion and everything went ok. I've still left my ID on there too for the extra downloads. Nice one. :smashin:

Yeah best to leave your ID on there, if you delete it he will lose yor DLC :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom