2 Projectors-Somebody help me choose!!

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by Copperpott, Oct 1, 2002.

1. Copperpott

Copperpott

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I can´t choose between the NEC VT-540 and the NEC VT-45.
    Has someone a good advice which of these two projectors is the best for home cinema (eventually use with the XBOX). I don´t want to make a mistake so please help me. :confused:
    I´m a totaly newbie. If someone got another good projector in starter price class please post it. Thank you

2. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    panasonic ae100 or sanyo plv30........those are the most common projectors used by members here.

ad

ps. welcome to the forums! Have a read through recent posts and you will find a wealth of info on budget projectors.

3. maj74

maj74

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    At an asking price of just over £2000, I don't think there is anything to touch the Sharp PG M20X. I've seen a good number of the machines in this price bracket, and the picture quality (extremely good internal scaler etc) is head and shoulders above the rest... It is just a little noisy..(37db) but this is it's only drawback.

4. Edward Greatrex

Edward Greatrex

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The PG-M20X is closer to £3000 though (Ivojo do it for £2744ish, which is the cheapest I've seen it - unless you managed to get it through other sources, eh Maj). I agree that it is a good little projector though.

I'm hearing good things about the new NEC projectors, LT240 and LT260. However, I haven't seen them myself but I understand they also use the 12 degree DMD that makes the Sharp projector such a good one, image wise. Dunno about pricing but don't rush in til you see the projector you settle on.

5. maj74

maj74

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +23
    I hadn't realised it the sharp cost that much!!!

I got it for £1800 before it was avaliable in this country which i knew was a good deal...but I didn't realise that when it came into dealers, it was going to be THAT good!!!

Oh well, sorry.... I guess I can do nothing but feel a littel smug;)

Sorry!!

6. Lefreck

Lefreck
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I think if I had to choose between the 2 NECs for the same price, I'd take the 540 because of the XGA-Panel. The only thing that's "better" with the VT45, is that it accepts Pal progressiv.