2 PLAYERS to choose from + QUESTION!

BandofBrothers

Hi guys, I am looking to buy a new dvd player for around £200 or under:

It is to be used with my SAMSUNG SP50L6HX 50" Screen when it arrives in about 3-4 weeks, so I want a player that is a good "match" for my telly.

1) It MUST be able to play burnt dvd's (dvd-r disks)

2) I want to plug it into my tv via HDM (a straight HDMI-->HDMI connection)

I have narrowed my choice down to the following 2 players:

1) DENON 1920 player

2) Toshiba SD350

Is the DENON player worth the extra money over the Toshiba??

I would like comments from people who have tried both if possible.

Also what is HDCP?? Will it cause a problem for me if I am playing burnt disks? (backups of expensive box sets such as Band of Brothers for example)

Parklife

I have no experience of either machine. Why does it have to use HDMI? HDMI is not the be all and end all, especially at that price range!

BandofBrothers

Because Im gonna plug the dvd player in via HDMI, and the xbox 360 via component (when it comes out)

Turrican

Standard Member
I can only comment on the tosh 350e. I think it's an excellent player however the only thing that annoys me is that it's really picky on what dvd-r disks it likes.
Doesn't like : Bulkpaq, Verbatim, Tesco
Tosh Recommends : TDK, Panasonic, Fuji.

I've changed to using TDK and all is ok.

BandofBrothers

Hmm its strange that it doesnt like Verbatim, because they are 1 of the best brands...

By the way, what is HDCP?

mjcairney

BandofBrothers said:
Also what is HDCP?? Will it cause a problem for me if I am playing burnt disks? (backups of expensive box sets such as Band of Brothers for example)
Hi there - HDCP stands for High bandwidth Digital Content Protection - it is the digital copy protection system used to stop people copying digital video just as Macrovision was used to stop people copying analogue content.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Martin.

BandofBrothers

mjcairney said:
Hi there - HDCP stands for High bandwidth Digital Content Protection - it is the digital copy protection system used to stop people copying digital video just as Macrovision was used to stop people copying analogue content.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Martin.
Oh I see, so I should have no problems playing burnt dvd's then with a dvd player that has HDCP?

Trending threads

Top Bottom