1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 Panasonic VCRs

Discussion in 'Digital TV & Video Players & Recorders' started by stefaan, Dec 6, 2001.

Tags:
  1. stefaan

stefaan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Probably a very stupid question but here it is anyway:

Since some time I have 2 Panasonic VCRs (in case it is important NV-SD240 & NV-F55 - indeed not the latest models).

Problem is that they both react at the same time on my remote control. Is there anybody out there that knows how to change this for one of the VCRs ?

I've been looking in the user guides but couldn't find anything.

2. malcom

malcom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I use two Panasomic VCRs the NV-HD 630 and the NV-HD 100 the NV-HD 100 I selected because it has a remote control that gives you the option of an alternative remote setting so that you don't operate both machine at the same time. It's a pretty old machine now so I don't suppose that such a remote is still available for that machine.

If I were you I would e-mail panasonic and ask them if they could supply you with a suitable remote control.

3. malcom

malcom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    A bit of a hasty reply from me. I thnk you will need to get a machine that is designed to accept a double option remote control or a machine of a different brand to solve your problem.

I hope someone with more knowledge than me will say that I am wrong. Otherwise there does not seem to be a cheap solution.

4. Paul G

Paul G

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Totally agree with Malcom above. The only brand I know of where two vcr's (same make) can be used independently with a single remote is Hitachi about 6-7 years ago.

5. Ten

Ten
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi

I own the pany nv-f77 the big bro of the 55 i believe and i have the option to select between remote control vtr1/vtr2 and i'm pretty sure that the 55 has the same option. could be wrong tho:p

6. stefaan

stefaan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Ten,

any idea how you had to do the selection - I didn't find anything in the user manual about it. It would be great if I could do this.

7. Ten

Ten
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi stefaan

do u still have the original 55 remote, if u do flip up the panel and have a look 4 a button labelled vtr1/2 mine is located bottom right hand corner. if u have this button u should also have a switch on the 55 labelled remote mode vtr1/vtr2 enabling u 2 toggle between vcrs. haven't got 2 panys but just played with the remote and it seems 2 work

andrew

8. stefaan

stefaan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks a lot - I'll try it when I get home
    I'll let you know :D

9. stefaan

stefaan

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Took some time to reply :)

Perfect, it works - how is it possible that I didn't see this before.
    Anyway, thanks a lot :D