2 nintendo switch, 1 account, 2 Animal Crossing physical copies.

BoxerBoy503

Novice Member
Reaction score
So i have my own nintendo switch with my physical copy of ACNH and my girlfriend will get her own console but she wants to use my account and she also wants to play animal crossing so my question is: Can we both play at the same time with our own switch and 2 physical copies of the game using my account only?
I know the game allows you to have one island per console but i will have my own island, she wants to have her own and we want to play at the same time with my account only, is that possible? or one of us is gonna get kicked out of the game when the other one starts it???

Same goes for other games let's say i want to play breath of the wild while she is playing mario kart by instance.

You want your own individual island or you want the same island?

Not possible as far as I'm aware, an account can only be in use on one console at a time.
If the two of you want to play at the same time she'll need her own account.

As @Del Boy Smiffy says the easiest way is to just pony up a couple of quid for the family sub, it is discounted against you single message so shouldn't cost much.

As other have said she would need her own account you can then add this to your family

What you can do though generally, which applies to digital purchases only, Is you set her console as your home console, she then signs in with her profile, she should then have access to any any games you install via the e shop. Assuming you are the only person using your console and you are still signed in then you will also retain access.

You may wonder why its worth doing, but to use animal crossing as an example, it would have meant only one digital purchase is needed rather than 2 physical copies.

caveat is local multiplayer is limited to one account at a time so wouldn't work, most games though have an online element (such as animal crossing) and does work at the same time.

As @Del Boy Smiffy says the easiest way is to just pony up a couple of quid for the family sub, it is discounted against you single message so shouldn't cost much.

As other have said she would need her own account you can then add this to your family

What you can do though generally, which applies to digital purchases only, Is you set her console as your home console, she then signs in with her profile, she should then have access to any any games you install via the e shop. Assuming you are the only person using your console and you are still signed in then you will also retain access.

You may wonder why its worth doing, but to use animal crossing as an example, it would have meant only one digital purchase is needed rather than 2 physical copies.

caveat is local multiplayer is limited to one account at a time so wouldn't work, most games though have an online element (such as animal crossing) and does work at the same time.
Thanks for that info

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom