1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 New Superbit DVD's out in December

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by common, Oct 31, 2001.

1. common

common

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I see that Gattaca and Bram Stoker's Dracula get the Superbit treatment in December. £16.99 delivered from www.futurent.com

2. mjn

mjn
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +5,471
    i think gattaca, will have to be added to my collection...

3. Garrett

Garrett

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,475
    I wrote below off-line then saw this posting, is below the same as above?

I haven’t seen a posting or read of it, but I heard this morning that they are bringing out some DVD’s without the extras on the disc, but they using a higher bit rate? So the pictures will be better. Has anyone any further info on what disc maybe brought out (will there be a second disc).
    By the way I like the extras but if I can see a definite picture improvement I think I would prefer this option, as I buy a disc for the film.

:cool: Ruby quartz shades.

4. graham.myers

graham.myers

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I received Airforce One and Fifth element yesterday. Compared my original fifth element and the superbit version. I could see no difference in picture quality at all. It may be my aging eyesite or could be my dvd/projector that dumbs down so I cant see the difference. I've got a sony vw10 and a sony CX-850 player. I've also got a pioneer 626 Region 1 player. I placed the new superbit in the pioneer and ran the original from the carousel.
    I then switched between inputs on the amps.

I'm going to cart my pioneer into the living room and plug in to my 32" pannie and see if a smaller screen can show any discernble differences.

I'll let you know