• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

2 master accounts, 1 PSN game

tigermad

Distinguished Member
Hello

I have 2 master accounts setup on my ps3. Will Sony frown upon one of the accounts downloading a game off the store (High Velocity Bowling) and both users playing it on their accounts? Are both users supposed to purchase it?

TIA

Coop995

Established Member
Have never tried this but I am pretty sure that if Sony didn't want different master accounts using the game, it would be locked to one account (i.e the one that purchased it). If it works on both then it should be OK; I'm sure such a loophole would have been fixed via a firmware update by now.

hippo99

Distinguished Member
No problem for most PSN games & it is allowed.
There are a couple of games where you can only play with the account that bought it (eg Warhawk, Finalfight etc).

On the screen where you add a game to your basket, the info on the right hand side gives you a description of the game & tells you if there are any limitations/special rules relating to that game before you purchase.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom