1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 Ipod Mini & 1 PC - How to sync a new Ipod?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by Iassh, Jul 18, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Iassh

Iassh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

I have and Ipod Mini (and iTunes) installed in my PC. Now I just bought a new ipod Mini and give the old one to my brother. All I want is to sync the new ipod with the iTunes I have already installed and transfer all the music library, but the iTunes refuses to recognize the new Ipod. The "old" Ipod won´t be use any more in my PC, so I want to set the "new" one as the default iPod and sync it.

Can I do it without having to uninstall the iTunes and installing it again?

Thank you !!

2. stevetiler

stevetiler
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Done that exact thing yesterday.I had an Ipod mini up and running with itunes and my son bought another ipod.Just insert the new cd that comes with the pod and it will ask you if you want to delete old files-this wont affect itunes or your music library in any way,then do the normal formatting and name the new ipod.My pc now recognises both ipods and they both share the same itunes and music library which is great!

Steve :thumbsup:

3. Iassh

Iassh
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you Steve,

I'll try it today.

4. kalayl

kalayl
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For the most flexibility I'd recommend installing Anapod which allows you much more flexibility in managing files on your ipods, and frees you from iTunes and it's single-library approach. I should add that I'm not involved with the company at all, just a fan of good software, and happy with it: http://www.redchairsoftware.com/anapod/