2 Headunits?

Discussion in 'ICE, Sat Navs & Dash Cams Forum' started by chris_1d, Sep 21, 2007.

1. chris_1d

chris_1d

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hiya, does anyone know how difficult to have effectivly 2 headunits running in the car?

Basically, I am thinking of installing a motorised screen above my standard headunit. I want to keep the standard headunit because of the steering wheel controls and in-dash display. I looked into it, and there isn't a way of replacing the headunit and keeping these on my Superb. I need to be able to have sound coming from both sources so is it possible? If I'm correct, I just need to split the din connection into 2 and that should then give me power and sound?

Any ideas?

Chris

2. Krystal-ice

Krystal-ice

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not possable mate, well it is but no way as simple as you make out.

Check www.connects2.com to see they do a lead for your car.

You can run two headunits but splitting a single ISO plug isnt the way. You would need to run new power, ignition and earth feed, pref from the fuse block, normally a spare unused fuse or blank slot not in use.

Next comes the fun part, the speakers. If you have just four speakers in the car and no amp then you would need to put these into some form of switchable distribution block. This is to stop sound signals from both headunits using the speakers at the same time. Not sure if your car has a factory fitted amp or not. If so forget the idea as it is way too much fuss just to save your display and wheel controls.

Hope this helps