2 gaming builds......which one?

Stein67

Hi, looking a bit of advice on these 2 builds. Want the PC mainly for sim/racing but also PES2021 and MSFS

Option1:

Ryzen 7 3700x
32gb ddr4 3600mhz
1660 Super (will upgrade to RTX3...in about a years time)
NVMe 512gb for W10
COST £950ish

Option 2:

Ryzen 5 3600
16gb ddr 3600mhz
1660 Super (will upgrade to RTX...3 in about a years time)
SSD 240gb for W10
COST £720ish

Any thoughts? Can't make my mind up over the CPU and how much RAM to get?!?

Cheers for any advice!!

Stein67

Thanks for the replies folks.

Delvey

Distinguished Member
Option 2 but with a better GPU since the difference between option 1 and 2 is £250 and you'll not notice the differenxe between option 1 and option 2 on 90% of games. You would with a better GPU

WildeKarde

Distinguished Member
32gb ram is probably a lot for just gaming but maybe worth it in long run. I'd say the nvme is also a better option than the SSD. 3700x is a better cpu but with new AMD's to be announce it's value will drop I think.

Personally the 2nd one with the nvme and better GPU would probably be better value. There is a difference of £230 to put towards NVME and a better GPU now or later

Stein67

Thanks everyone......

I've decided to go with a 5700XT graphics card. Still not 100% on the R7 3700X or the R5 3600......I know the latter is better value but if I keep the 3700x then any surplus is sorta negated by the length of time I may keep the CPU.

Also the ram........yeah, 16gb is more than enough at the minute but that 32gb ram, especially withe MSFS ever expanding, will come in handy eventually.

I've just refreshed my old PC by replacing the CPU (and cleaning the heatsink and fan!!) and adding a 1660super GFX but I still want a new one.

Oh and I've 100% decided to get a 1tb NVMe. Will be nice to have main games on it, along with OS

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom