2 Factor Authentication is a pita!

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
So 3 months ago I fell in a river and ruined my phone....... I sorted out most of my stuff but last night i had a spare 30 mins so thought i would have a blast on GTAV... wrong! i could not log in and their support is less than useless.

took me 20 mins to get a support ticket option open (click on support it makes you log into social club which i cant do, in the FAQ it says problems with 2FA contact support... go on the support link and it asks to log in witgh 2FA!.

now got email very sorry experiencing higher than usual support requests and may take longer than usual to respond... do companies ever NOT have higher than usual support requests?.

MartinH32

I had exactly the same with Rockstar Social Club, support took forever! Hope falling the river was more a comedy moment from being drunk rather than something more serious!

SDMDAM

I would never use it again after the hassle I had with iTunes. There was basically no way of resolving it so I had to set up a new user name.

drinkturps

So 3 months ago I fell in a river and ruined my phone....... I sorted out most of my stuff but last night i had a spare 30 mins so thought i would have a blast on GTAV... wrong! i could not log in and their support is less than useless.

took me 20 mins to get a support ticket option open (click on support it makes you log into social club which i cant do, in the FAQ it says problems with 2FA contact support... go on the support link and it asks to log in witgh 2FA!.

now got email very sorry experiencing higher than usual support requests and may take longer than usual to respond... do companies ever NOT have higher than usual support requests?.
You can't leave us hanging. We all want to know how you ended up falling in the river!

MikeKay1976

Distinguished Member
It was not funny at the time.... was in a 4 person kayak with my parents (early 70s) and my 3 year old.

Before you judge me, this was on the river Cambs, it is about 5 feet deep at the most with barely a current and no lives were in danger. my mum and lad both had safety gear on. Basically we lost control of the boat, piled into a thorny bush and it capsized.

people on the bank were amazing, they helped us get my lad out and one lady even gave him her spare tshirt so he had something dry to wear.... but we all lost our phones, and some other bits and bobs.
An ice cream man came out and gave our lad an ice cream once he was sorted out and refused to take any money which was proper kind of him.

it got sorted in the end but suffice to say not a great day all round.

MartinH32

It was not funny at the time.... was in a 4 person kayak with my parents (early 70s) and my 3 year old.

Before you judge me, this was on the river Cambs, it is about 5 feet deep at the most with barely a current and no lives were in danger. my mum and lad both had safety gear on. Basically we lost control of the boat, piled into a thorny bush and it capsized.

people on the bank were amazing, they helped us get my lad out and one lady even gave him her spare tshirt so he had something dry to wear.... but we all lost our phones, and some other bits and bobs.
An ice cream man came out and gave our lad an ice cream once he was sorted out and refused to take any money which was proper kind of him.

it got sorted in the end but suffice to say not a great day all round.
Not judging at all mate - which is why I asked :)
Glad everyone was ok, phones can be replaced, people can't :)

Top Bottom