2 dvd for £10 inc p+p

Please, stop posting about Channel. They're a Brittania-style con, and no matter how good the sign-up deal may look, they'll be the ones winning in the end when they charge you full RRP for everything else.

Aretak said:
Please, stop posting about Channel. They're a Brittania-style con, and no matter how good the sign-up deal may look, they'll be the ones winning in the end when they charge you full RRP for everything else.
Totally Agree

As this fantastic offer closes on the 14th of June, hopefully we won't be subjected anytime soon to this utter shite, until their next fantastic offer rears it's ugly head, that is.

You guys dont have a clue what your talking about!

They are nothing like britannia, you only buy titles as and when you want just as you would with play, and I have had a lot of discs from them that were cheaper than many other sites, so until you know what your talking about, shut the hell up!

:(

sy278 said:

They are nothing like britannia, you only buy titles as and when you want just as you would with play, and I have had a lot of discs from them that were cheaper than many other sites, so until you know what your talking about, shut the hell up!

Maybe you should read the small print in the term and conditions....

4. The Channel Agreement - what you have to do

4.1 As a Channel customer, you have to buy at least six Products at the Channel Price.

You must buy at least one of those six Products every three months after you join. If you fail to fulfil this agreement by not selecting a Product in any one period of three months, we will recommend a Channel Selection to you that we think matches your preferences in music or film. If you don’t want to receive this Channel Selection, simply buy any other title from our huge range within the specified time and we will cancel it for you. If we send the Channel selection, your account will then be charged accordingly.

Cut and pasted this from there terms and conditions... can you explain how you ordered as and when you choose???

# The Channel Agreement - what you have to do

1. As a Channel customer, you have to buy at least six Products at the Channel Price.

You must buy at least one of those six Products every three months after you join. If you fail to fulfil this agreement by not selecting a Product in any one period of three months, we will recommend a Channel Selection to you that we think matches your preferences in music or film. If you don't want to receive this Channel Selection, simply buy any other title from our huge range within the specified time and we will cancel it for you. If we send the Channel selection, your account will then be charged accordingly.
2. If you don't buy six Products at the Channel Price within the time period set out in paragraph 4.1 above, or if you cancel your Channel account before you've bought six Products at the Channel Price, you'll be liable to an Agreement Fee of £25. This covers the value of the discount received for your account Opening Offer plus the costs associated with setting up and maintaining your Channel account. NB: The Opening Offer, free items, sale or promotional price or loyalty price products don't count towards the Channel Agreement.
3. If you opened a Channel account via a "free Products plus Vouchers" offer, Products you buy with the Vouchers won't count towards the Channel Agreement. If you then don't fulfil the Channel Agreement or cancel your account before buying six Products at the Channel Price within the agreed Period, you'll be liable to an Agreement Fee of £25. This covers the value of the discount received for your account Opening Offer plus the costs associated with setting up and maintaining your Channel account.
4. If you joined Channel via an offer to buy at least 3 Products a year at the Channel Price within the first two years after you first open a Channel account, at least 3 of these Products must be bought within the first 12 months following your opening a Channel account. NB: The Opening Offer, free items, sale or promotional price or loyalty price Products don't count towards the Channel Agreement.

# Legal costs and charges for late payments

1. If you've fulfilled the Channel Agreement but haven't paid the total balance on any statement within the set time, you'll be liable to a late payment fee of £5. If your payment is rejected for any reason, (by way of example only, if your cheque bounces) you'll be liable to an administration fee of £10 to cover the processing and administration costs we incur. We reserve the right to alter these amounts. You'll only have to pay this if you don't pay the closing balance on the overdue statement by the date on our notification. If you haven't fulfilled the Channel Agreement and haven't paid the total balance on a statement by the date on our notification, you'll be liable to pay the Agreement Fee described under Condition 4.
2. Unless prevented by the Civil Procedure Rules 1998, if we start any court proceedings to recover money owed by you to us to legally enforce our rights under these Terms and Conditions, you'll have to pay all reasonable and legitimate costs and expenses we incur for any advice we receive on the proceedings. You'll also have to pay any court fees we've had to pay. Your liability for these costs and expenses is separate from any order the court makes for costs to be paid.

I don't ever recall Play.com binding it's customers with this dubios crap

don't forget

NB: The Opening Offer, free items, sale or promotional price or loyalty price Products don't count towards the Channel Agreement.

basically, if it's not full price, it doesn't count..

edit: d'oh you beat me to it!

sy278 said:

:laugh:

I hate the internet.

robbleiper said:
Maybe you should read the small print in the term and conditions....

4. The Channel Agreement - what you have to do

4.1 As a Channel customer, you have to buy at least six Products at the Channel Price.

You must buy at least one of those six Products every three months after you join. If you fail to fulfil this agreement by not selecting a Product in any one period of three months, we will recommend a Channel Selection to you that we think matches your preferences in music or film. If you don’t want to receive this Channel Selection, simply buy any other title from our huge range within the specified time and we will cancel it for you. If we send the Channel selection, your account will then be charged accordingly.

Cut and pasted this from there terms and conditions... can you explain how you ordered as and when you choose???

This would appear to be a change in their T&C as I have been a member for over a year and certainly havent bought every 3 months and they havent sent me anything, but then I dont leave my card details on their site, I delete them after a purchase.

sy278 said:
This would appear to be a change in their T&C as I have been a member for over a year and certainly havent bought every 3 months and they havent sent me anything, but then I dont leave my card details on their site, I delete them after a purchase.

Your rather protective of these over priced w*****s, the deal is **** mate. Anyone that buys of these types of sites or companies shouldnt be using this forum beacuse they wouldnt know a bargain if it bit them in the arse!!! I am pretty sure that you could find any dvd cheaper on the net if you bothered to look, the only way I would ever sign up for one of these is if they gave you ten free dvds!!!

:clap:

what a great thread !

not seen one like this on here before !

:suicide:

Your rather protective of these over priced w*****s, the deal is **** mate. Anyone that buys of these types of sites or companies shouldnt be using this forum beacuse they wouldnt know a bargain if it bit them in the arse!!! I am pretty sure that you could find any dvd cheaper on the net if you bothered to look, the only way I would ever sign up for one of these is if they gave you ten free dvds!!!

Wrong!!!

I would consider myself tighter than a badgers arse and dont get the nickname Raabi for nothing.

All jokes aside I always try to get the best deals and wade through all the favourite sites, CDWOW DVDSOON BLAHDVD and use search engines also http://www.find-dvd.co.uk/index.htm for instance and usually kick myself If I have bought a dvd and find it 50p cheaper elsewhere, but CHANNEL.COM aren't that bad and are not comparable with Britannia.

I have been a member of Britannia and yes they are rip of merchants but Channel aren't half as bad, just ordered Johhny Dangerously for £5 and gonna get Fallen also for £5 for example.

Yes on the grand scale of things they dont compete, but if u take the 4 for £20 offer like i did and only pay for 1 dvd and buy say 6 dvds from the vast selection of £5 titles then u have completed your requirement and u can get out and still have more than benefited from the introductory offer. Britannia was a lot more expensive to buy out, trust me I know.

It is not fair to just gob off and say Channel is sh**e, I had my reservations before joining but I known I will have no problem buying 6 well priced dvds over the specified term.

Out of all the people that have slagged Channel.Com on this thread how many have actually been a member and thus have good grounds for an argument against Channel prices, not many me thinks?????????????????? ;)

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom