Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

2 Digital Optical sources, 1 Digital Audio input

Discussion in 'Cables & Switches' started by rwlitchfield, Nov 28, 2004.

1. rwlitchfield

rwlitchfield
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As I am new to the forum, please bear with me.
    I have a Philips 36PW9618 TV which incorporates a Dolby Digital decoder, this was connected by a digital audio cable from my Panasonic DVD into the single Digital audio input.
    I have now purchased Sky+ and want to take advantage of Dolby 5.1, to do this I have ried the following:-
    Audio Digital output from the DVD into 2-way input control, and then into the TV. This works perfectly.
    However, from Sky+ I use the Digital Optical output fed into a Optical S/PDIF to Coaxial S/PDIF Convertor, then into the 2-way input control.
    Sky+ has been set to "Dolby" as an output choice.
    But the TV is not picking up this signal, although I am getting sound on the sky channel.
    When I select the Sky signal to be output from the 2-way switch, I still have Sky sound, but not digitally, and if I unplug the cable from the TV input I still get sound, it is as if the Sky+ box is not sending the signal through the optical cable, but it glows red!!
    What am I doing wrong, HELP.
    Bob.