2 days on, the design - iPhone4

Koolvin1

After 2 days on something started to annoy me.

I don't like the design of the new iphone, the flat back isn't ergonomic enough for me and the side buttons, mute and volume buttons annoy me as they feel cheap in comparison to the 3GS.

Trune

i totally disagree on this one, i think it feels much better. buttons are much nicer as is the switch.

asimm

I don't like the design of the new iphone, the flat back isn't ergonomic enough for me and the side buttons, mute and volume buttons annoy me as they feel cheap in comparison to the 3GS.

Likes - the volume and mute buttonds (sorry), the glass back and front and square design.
Dislikes - slippery back, back that I am worried will scratch too easily, some minor blemishes from new that suggest to me that they are rushing out these units.

Simba

Distinguished Member
I disagree with the OP.

Ergonomically its far superior to its predecessors. i can easily fit the phone in one hand and use it with ease.

the latest model OOZES quality. are you sure your not using a display dummy? lol

I disagree with the OP.

Ergonomically its far superior to its predecessors. i can easily fit the phone in one hand and use it with ease.

the latest model OOZES quality. are you sure your not using a display dummy? lol

Disagree. Tried one today in the o2 shop and did not like the feel of it in the hand at all.

And judging by the marks already on the demo model 2 days in they are gonna be a magnets for scratches/dents.

Looks ok other than that.

stoomc

Disagree. Tried one today in the o2 shop and did not like the feel of it in the hand at all.

And judging by the marks already on the demo model 2 days in they are gonna be a magnets for scratches/dents.

Looks ok other than that.

I also couldn't disagree more. I love the design. The best yet IMO. I also have no idea what you are speaking about regarding the buttons. They are much more expensive looking than the 3G/3Gs.

I also couldn't disagree more. I love the design. The best yet IMO. I also have no idea what you are speaking about regarding the buttons. They are much more expensive looking than the 3G/3Gs.

I didn't mention the buttons :confused:

Anyway design looks ok but horrid to hold imo.

bennicklen

I like the design overall but prefer the curved back of the 3g, just feels more secure in my hand. As a result have bought a case for this one, never bothered with the 3g, just have a sneaky suspicion im going to drop it!

Only 15 days till the bank insurance policy kicks in though so i can relax then and will prob drop the case for the better looking design :)

Ben

psikey

Distinguished Member
Think its ideal myself and oozes quality, never liked the previous designs, too toy like (3G/3GS). An expensive gadget like this needs metal, not plastic.

stoomc

Think its ideal myself and oozes quality, never liked the previous designs, too toy like (3G/3GS). An expensive gadget like this needs metal, not plastic.

Agree entirely, "oozes quality" is what I was going to say... other than the reception problems (which is for another thread) they have nailed it on the head for me. :thumbsup:

muffins

I have a solution for your problem. take it back to Apple or whom ever you bought it from and get your money back.

The iP4 is not for you.:facepalm:

nickel

I prefer the 3GS curved back rather than the iPhone 4 square back. 3GS was much more comfortable to hold. My Girlfreind and a few friends also agree that the design isn't as nice as the 3GS. Other than that the iPhone 4 is perfect.

m0v1em4n

For me holding the 3GS was like holding a wet fish, was always worried about droping it.
The new i4 design is far classier and the metal frame gives you a little grip

Steve

tankpig

Standard Member
OP is a maniac.

The buttons on the 3G/3GS were TERRIBLE!

After pressing them about 5 times each they got loose and "rattly" the ones on the iPhone 4 seem ALOT better. Quality just feels so much better.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom