1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 computer problems

Discussion in 'Desktop & Laptop Computers Forum' started by PaulaB, Jan 14, 2005.

1. PaulaB

PaulaB
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    1 over a week ago when i was online (i am with aol for broadband) they went through an upgrade that has now knacked my modem drivers. Every time i try and remove and reinstall them I can't. as soon as it gets to the installing drivers a btvoyager setup wizard causes it to drop out of the installation. How can I get my modem working again?
    Secondly I have found that I have a .dll file that is corrupted its kernel32.dll I need to be able to get out of windows and move a new copy to replace it. I cant do it in safe mode or in normal running as its part of thewindows system. How do I replace or repair it?
    I have windows me if this helps

2. MikeC

MikeC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    Paul
    haven't used Win ME but *assume* its similar to 98 which means easiest way is to boot into dos and replace it that there.

Get a copy of the dll and put it onto a floppy. Boot into dos (either Shutdown & restart into DOS mode or use a bootable floppy disc) and then manually copy the file into the correct Windows directory (its Windows\System directory for 98).

It helps if you have another pc tho'...

HTH