1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 centre speakers?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by Epoman, Feb 18, 2002.

1. Epoman

Epoman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +88
    A dealer the other day highly recommended using two identical speakers for the front centre channel claiming that I would be blown away with the results - one below the TV and the other above, side by side, or on either side of the set (with the fronts further out).

Has anybody tried this? I use one of a pair of speakers (epos Es11's) placed vertically and could get the other speaker beside it. I understand however that wiring two speakers to the same single channel of the amp may put an increased load on it(?). I have a Denon 3802.

Any thoughts before I rip my system apart to try?

Rgds
    Imran

2. bob007

bob007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Have seen two centre set up before, but it was in combination with a 8ft screen to help fix the sound better to the screen, as the single centre was to localised. If watching up to 50" RPTV i don't think there will be any advantages in using two centres.

If you were to try it you need to wire them in series as this will not put any more load on the amp.