1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 box advice sub-grand advice needed

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by Craig, Sep 5, 2004.

1. Craig

Craig

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I am helpling a mate put together a 2 box system to substantiate his new found single status :)

I know my hi fi pretty well, but I am less clued up about the budget end of the AV market. He is basically looking for Surround Sound set-up whihc will play music to a reasonable deegree. He's alaso rather smitten with sub/sat options, whihc i know FA about really......so here's what I was thinking woudl be best suited: any thouughts

Cambridge Audio Receiver and DVD
    Kef 1005 eggs

Obvioulsy, I will make the bugger listen before he buys, but is there anything in the same price range that is worthy of consideration?

Thanks for any help offered, Tillster

2. bobble

bobble

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Have a look at the celestion post further down, the DVD and amp are currently selling at SuperFi for 199 + speakers of your choice.

On the review front the Denon AV770 system is getting good reviews and can be picked up for 750 at empire direct.

Personaly I think the Denon speakers look far better then the small eggs, however I have only heard the Denon, and cannot compare them to the Egg's.

3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    lots and lots of choice have a search and get some demos, also what TV does he have.

4. bobbypunk

bobbypunk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    For that price you could get a yamaha DVSL100, DSPAX750 and still get the kef 1005 pack!
    or the slimline RXVSL100RDS instead.