2 Blu-ray DVD's for $30 at Amazon.com

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Went for Pans Labyrinth and Blade Runner 5 Disc set.:thumbsup:
£20 delivered?? Cool!:smashin:

Good deal but 20 odd pounds is still likely to get hit by customs.

Good deal but 20 odd pounds is still likely to get hit by customs.

$30 is £15.40 at the current exchange rate, the postage isn't included in the £18 limit. However, if you spend over £18 on goods, then the full cost including delivery is used to calculate the customs charges.

Thanks for this...

I bought Blade Runner and Departed... then, for some reason or other, i had $13.56 in my account as a 'gift voucher'... god know what for, but obviously some promotion from yesteryear...

anyway,
Result .... 2 Top BDs for about £13 inc

Cooooolio :) I'd buy more if they got down to sensible prices !

Don't know if it's useful to anybody, but deal of the day at amazon.com is Prison Break Season 1 on Blu Ray for $39.95, cheap enough I think.

$30 is £15.40 at the current exchange rate, the postage isn't included in the £18 limit. However, if you spend over £18 on goods, then the full cost including delivery is used to calculate the customs charges.

cheers but I think amazon.com mark the customs label as value of the product(s) excluding any promotional discount (in this case around $40+shipping). I could be utterly wrong (and most likely will be) but that is what they did for a 3 for 2 promotion (marking the customs label as the value of all 3 blu rays). Hopefully I'll be proved wrong.

Don't know if it's useful to anybody, but deal of the day at amazon.com is Prison Break Season 1 on Blu Ray for $39.95, cheap enough I think.

Tempted to buy a PS3 for that alone. :devil:

My missus wouldn't allow it though. :nono:

as usual amazon's shipping costs kills a bargain.. works out £20 for 2 which i still wouldn't consider much of a bargain :( i want appleseed but most of the rest there i've either got on hd dvd or can be bought for less than a tenner in the uk anyway..

Amazon do usally mark up and put the full value of the packages. Shame as they do good deals and i want Pans Labyrinth/Hellboy

cheers but I think amazon.com mark the customs label as value of the product(s) excluding any promotional discount (in this case around $40+shipping). I could be utterly wrong (and most likely will be) but that is what they did for a 3 for 2 promotion (marking the customs label as the value of all 3 blu rays). Hopefully I'll be proved wrong.

Did you get stung with Customs then?

they put the full value on the label so you'll get stung I've been hit on the last 5 orders I've placed with them, anyway these deals come up every month so hopefully when this €150 allowance comes into operation in December we'll be ok on these deals.

just got troy & blade runner (5 disc set) £16 ish !

ive added a gift note so does that mean they willl be labled as gifts or did i need to gift wrap them?

just got troy & blade runner (5 disc set) £16 ish !

ive added a gift note so does that mean they willl be labled as gifts or did i need to gift wrap them?

not sure but i know someone said on a forum he has marked as gift 5 x now and not once paid customs, they should not put price on you see if you bought as a gift :smashin: let us know how you get on ok.

Romero have you tried the mark as gift option amazon allow you to do ?

I have tried the Happy Birthday to me! option, I haven't gone the whole hog and bought the special packaging that Amazon offer, don't know if that would make much of a difference, as I'm sure Amazon have to declare the value for customs reasons, it would be worth the extra 2-3 dollars if it worked though!

interesting when you open gift option window, its like amazon wants you to mark as gift so you dont get customs, if you chouse free gift note option the below applys :smashin: do you think that will work, as like i said guy on another forum has done it 5 x and not paid customs, i think we should all chouse the gift note option and report back here, we have nothing to loose do we.

We won't include the price of the items on the packing slip included with the order.

Please note that you must add a gift note or select wrapping for your order to be designated as a gift. Even if you are having the items shipped to yourself, you should let us know your order is a gift. Here's why:

We won't include the price of the items on the packing slip included with the order.
We will ignore items you order as gifts when recommending items to you based upon your past purchases.
If you purchase an item from a registry, we'll indicate that the item has already been purchased so the recipient doesn't receive a duplicate gift from someone else

As far as I am aware, they still print the price on the label on the box.

Amazon now ship via Germany, which may be why the person you mentioned escaped without fees.

interesting when you open gift option window, its like amazon wants you to mark as gift so you dont get customs, if you chouse free gift note option the below applys :smashin: do you think that will work, as like i said guy on another forum has done it 5 x and not paid customs, i think we should all chouse the gift note option and report back here, we have nothing to loose do we.

Please note that you must add a gift note or select wrapping for your order to be designated as a gift. Even if you are having the items shipped to yourself, you should let us know your order is a gift. Here's why:

We will ignore items you order as gifts when recommending items to you based upon your past purchases.
If you purchase an item from a registry, we'll indicate that the item has already been purchased so the recipient doesn't receive a duplicate gift from someone else

Marking it as a gift won't necessarily help - I tried this and got stung for customs.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom