2 Black bars just appeared on Phillips pixel plus.

G

Godzooky

Title says it all. Have just changed to 2 KEF Q5s as fronts which are about 5 feet either side of TV and my Velodyne CHT-10 sub is a couple of feet to the right of the TV. Have these bars appeared because the sub is next to the TV and it isn't magnetically shielded?

Cheers for your help.

Sounds more like the aspect ratio setting has changed.

Magnetic interference would appear as distorted colours.

The black bars appear only on dark scenes. One is maybe 3inches in width and on the right of the screen, the other the same width but towards the middle.

I have never noticed this before. It definitely isn't the aspect ratio and I have quickly checked the subs details and I dont think it is magnetically shielded.

Hi There,

I used to have a pixel plus with black bars as well. This is a well known problem on the sets. I eventually got a refund for mine.

The bars sound similar, only appear on dark scenes, about 2/3" thick at either side of the screen. Very annoying once you have noticed them, you never stop looking for them.

I'm not sure, but I don't think a solution was ever found. There was a very long thread a while ago on these forums about the dark bars.

I had an engineer apply an apparent fix, but this didn't work, then they changed the tube and still no joy.

I then got a replacement which had a panasonic tube as opposed to the philips in the previous set. This too had the dark bars but not quite as bad as the one with the philips tube.

If you put 'philips dark bars' in the search bar, the first thread that comes up, should be of interest to you.

Hope this of some help, and good luck.

Regards

Paulj :smashin:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom