1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2 amps 1 set of speakers- help

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by Azzy451, Nov 16, 2003.

1. Azzy451

Azzy451

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Sony surround sound AMP and a Linn integrated amplifier, after trying to feed the front stereo ( from the 5.1) I get delays and it doesn't quite ' get in sync' So I decide a switching unit is the way forward! ( I know I know, shameful)…

Except the one I decided was the best (IXOS) has been discontinued, as has the QED, and wont even think of getting the B-tech one..

So perhaps a home made switch is the way to go?

The problem is that you need some sort of protection circuit to stop the amplifiers seeing (and potentially killing) each other..

Does anyone know where to find a suitable circuit diagram?,
    & some suitable audiophile quality switches?

Or perhaps even a small company making switchboxes ( standard speaker switches just wont do the job).... that doesn’t want the price of a new amp for their time?

Any thought / input would be great
    Cheers
    Jason

2. Azzy451

Azzy451

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    well at least some of you read it, thanks for the interst
    AZ

3. buns

buns
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I read before but cant really help...... the best thing I can say is to scour the net in places like ebay for one of the discontinued boxes you would use...... someone somewhere is bound to have something.

ad