1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2.75m wide 2.35:1 screen

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by stuartsjg, May 14, 2004.

1. stuartsjg

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:

Im looking for a screen thats the 2.35:1 aspect ratio, about 2.75m wide by about 1.2m tall.

Thats what i have at the moment but its just white linen with tinfoil behind.

Picture is great but the cloth isnt flat on the foil so you see reflections.

What i do is have the proj about 10 inches closer and lens zommed to smallest image for 16:9 or 4:3. When watching a 2.35:1 film i move the proj 10 inches further away and lens zoom to largest image.

How its works out is like they do in cinemas (good ones, not miltiplexes) where the screen is the same height nomatter whats being watched. It just keeps getting wider!!!

Anyway... how much would such a screen be. I use a panny AE200, low bulb (full fan though to get incresed life, noise doesent bother me) in blackened room, so matt white would be fine.

Another one i though of doing would be get 2 identical screens that are 1.2 x 1.2m from jessops and join them in the middle.... Has anybody done this?

Many thanks,