2.35:1 Screen Advice

JonnyS

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying a 2.35:1 screen for a new home cinema project, rather than 16:9.
It would need to be acoustically transparent as there will be in-wall speakers behind it, and it needs to be electric rather than fixed as there's a window there.
Can anyone suggest a decent place to buy a screen? I'm looking at about 150".
Cheers guys.

Seymour screens are excellent. You’ll get one for that price. Go direct to Jon, he’s really helpful.

Yes mate but they ship to uk.

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Ooooh look at this auto masking baby

Looks like you might be able to see the weave on this screen. £2500 is a bargain if it is their newer material, but they’ve said that it’s a few years old, so it may not be 4k ready, in other words, you’ll see the weave when watching at closer viewing distances.......

-- As an eBay Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases --
Thanks for that. Looks good, but might be a bit smaller than I was planning, I think I can get away with a 150” screen.

What's your viewing distance?

Check these guys out HiViLux, they are based in Germany but ship to the UK, this one is only 133" but they will do custom sizes.

Thanks, I've sent them an email to see what they can do.

Im about 3m away from 125" scope and it's about right for me. What projector are you using?

Ah ok, so maybe 150" would be fine. I need to buy a projector (and the speakers, amp etc etc...!)
Looking at either Sony 570 or JVC I think.

Yeh, I think you will be ok for 150". I would also recommend Seymour but I don't think you would get a 150" Electric AT for 2k.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom