1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

2-3/3-2 or 2-2 dvd players

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by cebs_uk, Sep 27, 2004.

1. cebs_uk

cebs_uk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +415
    Hi

Sorry if this info is already out there but is there a list of 2-3 or 2-2 players.

I am interested in the new denon 3910 but on avlands page there is no info on this. I am trying to decide on the best player for the PW6 currently on offer and after reading a few posts I am not sure what is needed to get the best picture from my dvds which are mainly R1.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Thanks

Cebs

2. John Dawson

John Dawson

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +112
    The numbers refer to how a player handles the conversion from interlaced video to progressive scan.

Just about all players can do this but some deinterlacers are definitely better than others :) All have their strengths and weaknesses.

The Denon 3910 is a very good machine but please do not buy "blind". If you can also check out the Arcam models, especially the DV79 which is comparably priced to the 3910. A number of other people on the forum are doing this so you may be able to find their opinions.

HTH.

John Dawson (Arcam)