Question 2.2 Setup Questions | Beocreate amp | Klipsch RP-600M mains | dual SVS SB12-NSD subs

rkeiii

Novice Member
Hello all,

This is my first post on AVForums but I've been lurking for a few months now. I hope I'm posting in the right place. I'm working on a budget 2.2 setup for movies & music in my living room and wanted to get some feedback. I've had a Beocreate amp, Raspberry Pi 4 and ELAC Debut 6.2 speakers for about a month now and have grown to really like the sound of this combo (it's a radical improvement over the TV's builtin speakers). In fact I like it so much I want to upgrade to speakers that can "fill my room" a little better and produce substantially more bass. I just ordered the Klipsch RP-600M's and SVS SB12-NSD's today so I still have time to return them if I made any really stupid decisions.

My Room
The true living room area is about 30'x13' but is open to the kitchen area which makes the room kind of a "P" shape. It also has 16+ ft vaulted ceilings so there's a considerable volume of air in the room (though I'm uncertain exactly how much). The floors are tile over concrete slab.

Equipment
Amplifier/DAC: Beocreate 4 channel 180W (2x 60W channels and 2x 30W channels) paired with a Raspberry Pi 4 for a "media center". I'd like to stick with this amp because I need something small I can hide behind my TV and something compatible with my Raspberry Pi 4 (and the price is right).
Passive Bookshelf Speakers: 2x Klipsch RP-600M ($475 for the pair on Ebay)
Powered Subwoofers: 2x SVS SB12-NSD ($400 each on Amazon)

Configuration Questions
  • I currently use my Beocreate amp together with a pair of ELAC Debut 6.2 speakers connected to the 60w channels on my amp. I would like the system to be able to produce somewhat higher volume than it currently does. Because of this I picked higher sensitivity bookshelf speakers this time around and plan to run them in a "bi-amp" configuration with each Klipsch RP-600M having 1x 30W channel for the horn and 1x 60W channel for the woofer to get more raw power to the speakers. Is this a sane configuration to try to get the most oomph possible out of this combination of amplifier and speakers? Will it introduce problems running the speakers/amp in this configuration?
  • In order to connect the powered SB12-NSD subwoofers to my amp I'm planning to run from the Toslink optical output (which is effectively a pre-out like a subwooder would want?) on the Beocreate amp into an additional FiiO D3 (D03K) DAC which will convert Toslink -> RCA, then run RCA from this second DAC to the SB12-NSD #1 and finally RCA again to daisy chain the first SB12-NSD to the second. Is this a reasonable way to connect these subwoofers to my amp? Is this going to introduce any unexpected problems? My initial thought is that because the SB12-NSD's have input gain control and crossover frequency control I should be able to "tune" them to match "okay" with my bookshelf speakers but I've also never actually tried this.
  • I'm planning to physically stack the Klipsch RP-600M's on top of the SVS SB12-NSD's with some acoustic isolation material in-between. Any major problems with this?
  • If I plug two channels (1x 60w and 1x 30W) from the amp into each Klipsch RP-600M (with the jumpers removed on the speakers) will the internal crossover of the speaker still be used or would I need to handle the crossover on my ADAU1451 DSP?
Any feedback would be appreciated and thanks for these forums, they're a great resource for noobs like myself.

Ron

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: We review Dune and ask which is the best decade for horror movies?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom