2.1 System for laptop/PC?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by sirlukas, Nov 8, 2005.

1. sirlukas

sirlukas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +91
    Hi,
    I want to change my speakers to something more powerful and better sounding. Now I own Logitech Z3, which i really like, but sometimes they lack of power, so was thinking of Logitech Z-2300 2.1? What do You think of them, or maybe there is something better in the price around 100 quid?

Thank You for replies.
    Regards Lukasz

2. Cable Monkey

Cable Monkey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +205
    Better in the pc forum?

3. sirlukas

sirlukas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +91
    Yep, but I know their answer already, that's why I am asking here for some professional audio comments. On PC forum it is gonna be either Creative or Logitech, I wonder whether there are any other good brands that make such speakers?

Regards...

4. DenzilTK421

DenzilTK421

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +38
    I have Harma/Kardon Sound Sticks II - thats the 3.5mm jack version and not the old usb connecton.
    They are wired upto my Mac Mini and I really can't fault them.

5. sirlukas

sirlukas

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +91
    Yes, I have already ordered my Logitech Z 2300, and only now spotted them Harman Multimedia Soundsticks II. Maybe next time. According to specifications, they are far less powerful than Logitech, do You think sound quality could be better on Harman Multimedia Soundsticks II?

Regards...

6. Digger

Digger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +206
    How does the Videologic Sirocco Crossfire grab you. 4.1, but good at 2.1 as well. These use proper Audax drivers and sound impressive

http://www.hardavenue.com/reviews/crossfire.shtml

If they do grab you let me know and I will incorporate my set into my Classifieds ad... :devil:

7. BenW

BenW

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    I've got the Z2200 and they're really quite acceptable! Bass is a bit overpowering and treble is sometimes lacking. Having said that im hearing a load of twinkles in the song playing atm!

Should add that theyre running from a creatvie X-Fi extreme music

8. Smiffy 2

Smiffy 2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +302
    I've now gone over to 5.1 but my stereo speakers were made by Altec Lansing (hope I've spelt that correctly) and they were superb.

Two lovely small speakers with a sub, bought from PC World :)eek: ) and I think they only cost me about £35.00.

Highly recommended (don't know why I changed really!!)

Edit......
    Just had a check on them as the kids now have them wired up to their PC in the bedroom...I think the model number was 221.
    They will have been replaced in the range now because they are a couple of years old but the brand have a very good name. Worth doing a search on "Kelkoo" or something for "Altec Lansing" (I did spell it correctly too :D )

Rob

9. RevOnline

RevOnline
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Maybe not exactly what you are looking for, but Bose Companion 2's have really, really impressed me.

If you are in London you can give them a listen in the apple store (top floor) - or at least you could last time I was in there.

They're really very good, especially at lower volume. More than good enough for my use of listening to mp3's.

£99.

10. The Dude

The Dude
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,242
    Acoustic Energy Aego2.1 :thumbsup:

They're so good I bought two sets... 'B' stock (read 'old' stock) from the website at a lofty £80 per set!!! :clap:

11. Knyght_byte

Knyght_byte

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +600
    i remember when i bought my first PC about 6 or 7 years ago, from Dell, the setup listed the components, plus the monitor and a set of 2.1 speakers.....oh whoopy doo i thought, computer speakers.....after seeing the ones my friends had got i wasnt quite as excited as whoopy doo would lead you to believe.....

when i got them, i saw Altec Lansing on the box, hadnt heard of them before, took them out the box, (cant remember model now) and thought ok, cubes, but somewhat heavy ones.......then saw a box inside the box, not massive, mebbe a tall large shoebox shape.......'whassat?' i thought.....read the instructions, coo, a sub...wonder if its any good..........
    hooked the PC together, put in the speakers..turned stuff on, whacked in a CD.....omg i couldnt believe it....lol...not only did it all sound musical considering, but the bass, damn, this thing went low..and pretty loud.....couldnt believe it, for a freebie!..lol........and this was close on 7 years ago!....lol

tbh now i wouldnt ever buy normal PC speakers again, i'd rather buy an av amp, some home cinema cubes (like MA R45's) and a sub....costs more, but who cares....i want good sound!..lol)

12. SBanga

SBanga

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    I own the Logitech z-2200s and on hearing my set, a friend of mine upgraded to the Logitech z-2300s from some old freebie Altec Lansing (I don't think they were of the same quality as Knyght_bytes!). I can tell you that the sound from both sets is amazing; extremely loud but detailed with good timing. The z-2300 has a slight edge in treble retreival but is otherwise identical to the z-2200. I would strongly recommend you purchase either set as they can not be beaten for bang per pound.