Question 2.1 System Audio issue

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by carl.waring, May 15, 2019 at 2:59 PM.

1. carl.waring

carl.waring

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    Hi there!

I originally had a Panasonic TV and 2.1 BD system and the ARC connection worked fine. I now have a JVC TV and, whilst the ARC connection works okay, my 2.1 system will sometimes just freeze completely so I can't change or mute/unmute the volume and I have to pull the plug to reset it.

If I turn the 2.1 system on manually and switch to ARC (and lower the TV volume) then it works fine.

Just wondered if anyone had any suggestions as to what might be wrong.

Thanks.

ETA: Forgot to mention that the HT system will sometimes also just turn off randomly too.

(If wrong forum please move thread.)

Last edited: May 15, 2019 at 3:56 PM
  2. gibbsy

gibbsy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7,557
    ARC can be a real pain. Each manufacturer seems to implement their own version of ARC and CEC and many have a mind of their own. Unless you want all the connected equipment to start up at the same time then there is no audio quality reason to have ARC engaged.

3. carl.waring

carl.waring

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +80
    This is the problem; I do need that. Hence looking to get a SoundBase instead. But I'll connect that via Digital and just use it for the TV; saving the 2.1 for discs.