2.1 speakers

bulls20042002

Standard Member
Hi I'm looking for a set of 2.1 speakers+sub [pc style] to connect to my LCD.
can you suggest a set that would plug straight in the back via phono eads[red/white]

money is tight after buy a new Lcd & blu-ray so i dont want to break the bank!

thanks in advance

TX-Landman

Standard Member
You could get some Active speakers my personal favorite is the Dynaudio 110A or the MC15 paired with the Sub 250MC although they are not cheap. :D For something less expensive the Audioengine A5's.

Last edited:

BlueWizard

Distinguished Member
Right, you need to give us a budget and tell us what TV you have.

A very basic system that includes the amps and decoding built-in is the Onkyo HTX-22HD 2.1 system which can later be expanded to a 5.1 system. The base price is roughly £249 for Richer Sounds.

If you need to go lower than that, consider the Acoustic Energy AEGO M for £139.

Of course you get what you pay for.

You might try just going with Stereo speakers. The Audioengine A5 which is a 5" 2-way with 45 watts, is about £249. The 3" Audioengine A2 is about £130. It is possible to add and Audioengine sub to either of these for an additional £243.

It might be possible to get an amp plus speaker system for about £300. But until I know your budget, I'm not sure what to recommend.

Again, I can keep making recommendations, but without a budget it is hard to know what to recommend.

Steve/bluewizard

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

65-inch LG C1 Review coming soon to AVForums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom