2.1/3.1 200$ Soundbar

ArchDevil

Standard Member
Hello hope everybody having a nice weekend!
So I'm out to buy a decent 200-250$ 2.1/3.1 Soundbar. Nothing to fancy as my uses are basic and coming from a 50$ Old TaoTronics soundbar, in my area that would be a huge upgrade!
So the soundbar will be connected to Samsung 55' Q60R/RU8000 and Nvidia Shield Pro.
As i live in the middle east, we have a limited amount of models to choose from.
These are the models that i can pick up locally and at my price range:
Samsung HW-N450
Samsung HW-R650
Samsung HW-T550

Unfortunately these are the only ones i have here locally.
Will be cool if i can connect the soundbar to the HDMI ARC port on fhe TV so i can ditch the soundbar remote and use fhe TV's remote instead, so i don't know which soundbar will give me that option as i never really got into soundboards before.
Would love to hear your suggestions on which one to pick for my basic uses.
Also would like to ask is do i need an additional devices or anything if i want to play something like Dolby Digital or DTS content on my Nvidia Shield Pro with one of these soundbars?
Thanks ahead!

Last edited:

PineTree

Hello hope everybody having a nice weekend!
So I'm out to buy a decent 200-250$ 2.1/3.1 Soundbar. Nothing to fancy as my uses are basic and coming from a 50$ Old TaoTronics soundbar, in my area that would be a huge upgrade!
So the soundbar will be connected to Samsung 55' Q60R/RU8000 and Nvidia Shield Pro.
As i live in the middle east, we have a limited amount of models to choose from.
These are the models that i can pick up locally and at my price range:
Samsung HW-N450
Samsung HW-R650
Samsung HW-T550

Unfortunately these are the only ones i have here locally.
Will be cool if i can connect the soundbar to the HDMI ARC port on fhe TV so i can ditch the soundbar remote and use fhe TV's remote instead, so i don't know which soundbar will give me that option as i never really got into soundboards before.
Would love to hear your suggestions on which one to pick for my basic uses.
Also would like to ask is do i need an additional devices or anything if i want to play something like Dolby Digital or DTS content on my Nvidia Shield Pro with one of these soundbars?
Thanks ahead!
If you read reviews in the links provided R650 seems to have poor subwoofer. T550 seems to be better option. Test at the store / find a retailer that you can trust, if you have issues you can return / replace.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom