1yr warranty vs 3yr warranty!

Reaction score
i have choice of 3 tv's to choose from but they all have a downfall.
LG 26LC2R= 1yr warranty only
AOC L27W551T= 2yr warranty (unknown make and apparenlty no 1:1 pixel mapping)
Mirai DTL-527V200= 3yr warranty (unknown make)

i will be using sky through scart and Xbox 360 via VGA.
which tv would you recommend?

The trusted make LG...you know of them because they are a succesful company and a company doesn't become succesful until it provides reliability and constant high quiality.
You can always get an extended warrenty?

The trusted make LG...you know of them because they are a succesful company and a company doesn't become succesful until it provides reliability and constant high quiality.
You can always get an extended warrenty?

that will cost a extra £100 on top of the £375 but the mirai comes with 3yr warranty and is only £325

i'd go with the LG personally and not bother with the extended warranty, the LG probably got a better pic than the other two and thats what ur gonna be watchin not the calender as the warranty days pass away :eek:

i'd go with the LG personally and not bother with the extended warranty, the LG probably got a better pic than the other two and thats what ur gonna be watchin not the calender as the warranty days pass away :eek:

but what after 1yr the tv dies because thats when the mostly do, what am i going to do?

Look back and wish you had taken the extened warrenty?
I don't know how to advise you because you seem to have little confidence in electical products?
What after 3 years the cheap one dies?

Look back and wish you had taken the extened warrenty?
I don't know how to advise you because you seem to have little confidence in electical products?
What after 3 years the cheap one dies?
that's true lol, do you think i should take the extended warranty out?

Depends how long you are thinking of keeping it for anyway. Is it going to be your main TV? Used everyday? If you are going to use it everyday I think I would be tempted to get it.

With TV's can you not claim on house insurance if it goes wrong? Forgive my nievity I don't own a house ergo house insurance lol.

Depends how long you are thinking of keeping it for anyway. Is it going to be your main TV? Used everyday? If you are going to use it everyday I think I would be tempted to get it.

With TV's can you not claim on house insurance if it goes wrong? Forgive my nievity I don't own a house ergo house insurance lol.

it's going to be my bedroom tv and it is going to be used quite alot for Xbox 360 and Sky SD.

Well out of them it's a simple no brainer...the Mirai with 3yr warranty

Don't buy a TV for a warranty buy it for the stats!!

should i buy the mirai or lg?
tell me why i should buy the tv aswell.

Don't buy a TV for a warranty buy it for the stats!!

If possible try and get a TV with no warranty :rotfl:
On a serious note for the money the mirai is the best way to go...not only a good set (just look at the reviews) but a great warranty as well...there have been posts one that i remember pretty well a Samsung just out of it's year warranty now deceased....i guess he should have looked @ the warranty and not just the TV lol.

If possible try and get a TV with no warranty :rotfl:
On a serious note for the money the mirai is the best way to go...not only a good set (just look at the reviews) but a great warranty as well...there have been posts one that i remember pretty well a Samsung just out of it's year warranty now deceased....i guess he should have looked @ the warranty and not just the TV lol.

how good is the xbox 360 via vga and SKY via scart on the mirai?

how good is the xbox 360 via vga and SKY via scart on the mirai?

The 360 is stunning on the Mirai and Sky looks alright aswell but it does depend on which channel you watch.

DTL-632V200 is the model I own only £390 from techfever including free next day delivery a bargain so it ends up being about the same as the LG but 32inch and 3 year warranty.

The 360 is stunning on the Mirai and Sky looks alright aswell but it does depend on which channel you watch.

DTL-632V200 is the model I own only £390 from techfever including free next day delivery a bargain so it ends up being about the same as the LG but 32inch and 3 year warranty.

lol. what do you mean the sky is alright?
is sky sports good as this channel i will be watching the most?

lol. what do you mean the sky is alright?
is sky sports good as this channel i will be watching the most?

In my opinion sky sports looks the best out of all of the channels. It depends what quality the program is filmed in, alot of older programs can look quite poor but this is to be expected and will be the same with any LCD. I can't recommend the 632 enough, looks fantastic on my 360 also.(I've only tried with component and I hear VGA is better). For the price and the warranty the Mirai is an amazing bargain, yes they are fairly unknown but they do seem to be building up a strong reputation.

Yeah Mirai are building up a good reputation, certainly one to look out for especially with their warranty they are offering.
They are now selling a 37" Mirai TV in Asda. You may see the 32" version soon aswell!

does anyone have the 27" version of the mirai?
that's the one i want.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom