1st Wedding Anniversary Ideas in Lockdown with kids!

brad123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
End of April is our 1st wedding anniversary. Obviously we are in lockdown with 2 teenagers. Our planned trip to Jersey is off so wondering firstly what to do at home and secondly what to buy as a gift.

I did wonder about buying some sort of lighting frame or making one from thin wooden posts to put fairly lights around and make it look really special in the kitchen with a table in it, so like a gazebo with no tent but fairy lights wrapped around the poles, we are ordering food from a nice restaurant that delivers so food is sorted.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks

I'm no expert, but we are approaching our 25th in a couple of months.

I wouldn't worry about tarting up the place - unless you really want to. Just enjoy everybody's company during the meal, and then snuggle up to each other on the sofa with her choice of viewing. Be attentive and caring - you clear the plates and tidy up.

While it's your special day together, we all know that 'Happy Dragon - Happy Castle' works!

Lock the teenagers in their bedroom.
Lock yourself and your partner in your bedroom.
Put some Barry White on 😍

Lock the teenagers in their bedroom.
Lock yourself and your partner in your bedroom.
Put some Barry White on 😍

And nod off zzzz

I'm no expert, but we are approaching our 25th in a couple of months.

I wouldn't worry about tarting up the place - unless you really want to. Just enjoy everybody's company during the meal, and then snuggle up to each other on the sofa with her choice of viewing. Be attentive and caring - you clear the plates and tidy up.

While it's your special day together, we all know that 'Happy Dragon - Happy Castle' works!

I clear the plates and tidy up every day - mind you MrsD does most of the cooking. :laugh:

Traditionally 1st wedding anniversary is themed around paper, perhaps something origami?
Depends how bored everyone is I suppose :D

Cheers, Paul

Traditionally 1st wedding anniversary is themed around paper, perhaps something origami?
Depends how bored everyone is I suppose :D

Cheers, Paul
Toilet rolls perhaps? :D

first is normally paper, not the best at this time but maybe tickets to go somewhere in the future?
or just hand her a fiver :)

first is normally paper, not the best at this time but maybe tickets to go somewhere in the future?
...only they’re not made of paper anymore.

...I actually quite like the idea of using loo roll that @Chillie6 suggested - even if it’s just a stack of them - it’s topical, and shows a sense of humour - something else that helps keeps marriages going!

Made of plastic now. Better go old-school and write a cheque.

...only they’re not made of paper anymore.

...I actually quite like the idea of using loo roll that @Chillie6 suggested - even if it’s just a stack of them - it’s topical, and shows a sense of humour - something else that helps keeps marriages going!
Thank you kind sir :) My wife needs a sense of humour being married to me:laugh:

Any suggestions you don't use this year can probably be used for your second anniversary, when we will still be in lockdown.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom