1st time buyer

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by DPS, Jun 24, 2001.

1. DPS

DPS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Due to ristricted finances I only have a limited budget of £200.As my flat is small, this budget should not pose a real problem as Im sure I can get a solid sound from some receiver within this price margin.
    With around £200 I was considering either the Kenwood krf-v5050d or krf-v7030d .Is the 7030d still available I cannot find it on any sites.Any one reccommend either of these,they seem the perfect options considering my budget.
    Novice question alert-will the 5050d run from my dvd using the digital optical or will i need to use my dvds built in 5.1 decoder using the seperate 6 channels.(basically i think will the 5050d decode 5.1 or dts without using the dvds decoder?)
    SORRY IF THAT MAKES NO SENSE.

2. ReTrO

ReTrO

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    I would assume that a simple digital link will do. If they are both DD and dts receivers.

One I would recommend is the Denon AVR 1601, it's in short supply at the moment though, retails at £300, but prices around £225 have been seen.

Rick

3. DPS

DPS

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks alot for your help

4. EmissarY

EmissarY

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi there, if u r after a good budget amp/reciever, try the Pioneer 709 RDS. £209 from Hyperfi, they don't have a website so try: (02085916961). It is a good bargain and sounds great with the right speakers...as does any decent amp/reciever.

Happy Huntin'.

:)

Mr Burns: "Who the devil are you?"

Homer's Brain: "Tell him a fake name, tell him a fake name!!!!"

Homer: "Homer Simpson."

Homer's Brain: "That's it I'm outta here..."

5. RAC

RAC

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just seen an ex-demo Denon AVR-1801 for sale in the Exeter branch of Sevenoaks Hifi for £209. Here's the link:
    Sevenoaks Exeter ex-demo sale ;)